DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS UG (UNAIDED)
- To Achieve Excellent Standards of Quality Education by Keeping Pace with Rapidly Changing technologies.
- To Create Technical Manpower of Global Standards with Capabilities Of Accepting New Challenges.
- To strive for excellence in development and deployment of Computer Applications. Conduct research to advance the state pf the art in Computer Science and integrate research results and innovations into other scientific disciplines.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Programme was introduced in the academic year 2000 - 2001 with an intake of 40 students. The strength has been increased to 60. An additional section in BCA was introduced in the academic year 2007 - 2008 with an intake of 50 students now it is also increased to 60. The Department offers job oriented courses, on various softwares for the benefit of students. Conducting seminars on various topics not only expands our students knowledge and talent but also the students of outside colleges.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) offered Job oriented courses includes Photoshop, Flash, Html, Cascading Style Sheet (CSS).
- Our Department Faculty members guiding M.Phil Computer Science students both in Full time and Part time programme.
- One of our Faculty doing her PhD research work.
- Periodic tests, assignments and seminars for students which will help them in improving their knowledge as well as prepare for their examination.
- Assignments outside the syllabus content. Seminars/Presentation by students.
- Encouragements for participation in competitions outside college.
- Getting feedback from alumni
The Department aims at providing high quality training to students through the latest in computer technology. In order to maintain the standard of education, the department upgrades the academic syllabi so as to keep the students well trained to deal with changing trends in the field of Computer Science. The syllabi and courseware are planned to be flexible and wide-ranging, incorporating the cutting edge as well as ensuring a firm grasp of core fundamentals.
- One of our final year student got Best UG student award.
- Faculty member published papers in many International Journals and presented papers in International Conferences.
- Most of our students perusing their higher education in a well reputed institution within the country and outside too.
- Our Final year students got placed in many MNC Companies and also in good reputed companies with decent salary.
- Few Students pursuing their higher education in other countries and also going for part-time job on the basis Earn while Learn.
The Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) course is an excellent platform for those aiming to enter in the Computer profession. The BCA course introduces every student to the practical aspects of software development keeping in mind the needs and requirement of the clients. The computer application sector offers a wide range of specialist jobs that are challenging as the machines become more and more sophisticated, demanding new skills or different combinations of existing ones .So, to fulfil the above criteria we come out with some new future plans which helps to enhance the students carrier are as follows.
- Arranging International / National Seminars for the Students
- Conducting Tutorials and Tests for students
- Visiting Computer Companies
- Arranging Guest Lectures in latest technologies
- Conducting Aptitude Tests and Group Discussion
- Quizzes and various Technical sessions to improve students skills
- Conducting Workshops and Symposiums
- Training programmes to the school students
- Purchasing new books, journals etc.
- Usage of audio-video aids in teaching etc.
- 2009 - 2012 Batch student Ms. K. Aishwarya working as Graduate Trainee (IT IS) in CTS, Coimbatore.
- 2009 - 2012 Batch student S.K. Nithish working in Testing Division in Wipro, Chennai.
- Two of our student got selected in Police Department while they were pursuing their BCA course.
- Many students placed well in good companies and many students doing their higher education in a good institution and also in the same parent college.