DEPARTMENT OF COSTUME DESIGN AND FASHION (UNAIDED)
Our vision is to enable the students to keep pace with the rapid advancements in the Textile industry by providing an opportunity to obtain an insight into the actual working of the Textile industry and emerge as a successful entrepreneur.
- To instill the spirit of entrepreneurship.
- To bring out the innovative and imaginative skills of the Students.
- To cultivate creativity, to builds imagination, and directs knowledge that together brings out future fashion leaders.
The department of Costume Design and Fashion was started in the year 2006 .The Eight- year undergraduate course is one of the career oriented course that brings out the creativity and provides an excellent foundation for designing and manufacturing fabric, garments and accessories. And enable each individual to pursue his or her own preferences from the vast textile industry by way of participating in fashion shows and exhibitions organized by the students themselves, industrial visits, internships in textile mills and fashion houses.
|BSc. Costume Design and Fashion
|Garment Manufacturing Technology
Staff members are planning to take up minor / major projects from various funding agencies like UGC, etc
- Meritorious award for 100% result was awarded
- Students have participated in various intercollegiate competitions and won cash prizes.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Ample of opportunities are there for the students.
On completion of the course they can become
- an Entrepreneur
- Fashion designer
- Quality controller
- Visual merchandiser
- Fashion coordinator
- Fashion event manager
- Pattern maker
- Faculty in Fashion Institutes
- Accessory designer
- Textile designer
- Product line manager
- Product controller
- Faculty in Textile research institutes
- To Arrange National / International Seminars, Conference and Workshops for the Students
- To take up projects minor / major projects from funding agencies like UGC
- To sign MOU with Textile Associations
- Krishnamoorthy. P of 2006-2009 batch working in department of police
- Azarudeen. F of 2006-2009 was working as Costume designer for contestants and for VG's in D Studio Chennai, at present working in Reliance Trends
- Pradeep Kumar .P of 2007-2010 batch is Visual Merchandiser in Future Groups, Mutinaltional company, Trivandrum
- Rufiya. M of 2008-2011 batch Assistant Store Manager cum Visual Merchandiser in Reliance Trends, Adyar Branch
- Rajameenashi of 2009-2012 batch is a successful Entrepreneur running a Boutique "Chitram" in Madurai