DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE (UNAIDED)
Our vision is to develop a world class centre for the best education with the purpose of providing job opportunities and pave the way to higher studies
To aspire and strive for excellence in education by developing the intellectual and potential aspects of learners for the welfare of the society
Department of Commerce (UG) was established in the year 1999.
From the time of establishment the department was under the scheme of Bharathiar University.
In the academic year 2004 - 2005 it has been brought under autonomous status and the curriculum has been designed under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), which is affiliated to Bharathiar University. The syllabi have been framed by a team of faculty members with academic excellence and updated acumen in current affairs. Due to much demand an additional section was introduced in the academic year 2012 - 2013. In order to encourage the students the Department has been regularly releasing "Commerce Magazine" in the year 2002. OBE (Outcome Based Education) based curriculum is followed from the academic year 2018-2019.
- To provide knowledge and skills to undergraduates for facing the challenges of the rapidly changing environment in the field of commerce and industry.
- To inculcate moral values and discipline in the minds of the students.
- To enable the students from the rural areas to gain knowledge about the present world of commerce and industry.
Job Oriented Course (JOC) - Advertising Management
- Guiding Undergraduates, M Phil and PhD Candidates.
- 2 of our staff members obtained Doctorate degree and others are undergoing PhD research work.
- 1 of our staff member passed in SET.
- 100% Result secured in the academic year 2006-2007, 2007-2008 and 2017-2018
- The department is awarded as Best Department for the year 2005-2006, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013
- Won overall sports trophy for the academic year 2017-2018
- All the faculty members attended, presented and published papers in International, National and State Level Seminars and Conferences
- The Staff members published articles in various reputed International and National Journals
- Our Students acquired "Best Student Award" in various category
- Subasree of III BCOM was elected as the sports secretary for the academic year 2017-2018
- Manoj Kumar of III BCOM was elected as the sports secretary for the academic year 2015-2016
- Eshwaran of III BCOM won the “BEST NCC STUDENT” for the academic year 2013-2014
- Abrajithan of III BCOM won the “BEST NSS STUDENT” for the academic year 2014-2015
- Our students passed in CPT, ICWA (Foundation) ACS(Foundation)
- As a part of extension activity Our Students and Staff Members visited orphanage and also visited certain panchayat areas and created awareness about dengue fever and its consequences.
HIGHER STUDIES AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
B.Com is a highly professional course suitable for youngsters aspiring to become professionals such as Chartered Accountants, Cost and Works Accountants, Chartered Financial Analysts, Company Secretaries and Business managers. The successful completion of B.Com course leads the students to the next most vital step in the ladder of education - M.Com, M.Com (C.A),MBA, MCS, MFC, MIB, CA, ICWA, ACS etc.
Following are the various boulevards ahead for the Commerce graduates:
- Teaching Profession
- Office Management
- Insurance management
- Banking sectors
- BPO and KPO
- Marketing Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Share trading
- Sales Executives
- Investment Analyst
- Innovative Entrepreneur
- Business Relationship Manager
- Department is planning to conduct an International Level Seminar in the forthcoming years
- Scheduling to conduct a Workshop on Research Methodology for final year students.
- Creating MoU with Practicing Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries, Industries and leading Corporate Companies.
- Training on various entrepreneurial activities.
- Visit to small and large scale industries and to know the Work culture.
- To start up certificate oriented courses related to Commerce and global business.
|S.No.||Name of the Student||Company Name|
|1||C.G. Sugganthan||Audit Associate - ERNST & Young International,Bangalore|
|2||J. Duke||Ford - Financial Analyst|
|3||G. Vignesh kumar||Accountant - Emerald Corporates, Coimbatore|
|4||K.S. Sahidar||Senior Officer – Deloitte Haskins & Sells Chartered |
|5||B. Swaminathan||Team Life Care Insurance(P)Ltd., Sutherland|
|6||K. Ganesh Kumar||Agsar Paints|
|7||K. Kannan||Agsar Paints|
|8||R. Reeta||Consult One India(P) Ltd.|
|9||K. Hari Prasad||Team Life Care Insurance(P)Ltd., Institute of Language Management|
|12||V.Nithya||Senior Associates - G.V & Associates|
|13||V.Subasri||AGS Health PVT LTD|
|14||Sushmitha GK Menon||AGS Health PVT LTD|