DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (UNAIDED)
Our vision is to offer up to date and flexible programs which will allow our graduates to be competitive in the job market. We strive to provide a hands-on approach in teaching computer related courses. We produce graduates who are globally recognized as innovative and well-prepared computer professionals.
Our mission is to provide an excellent education in all computer related fields. Our main task is to prepare students for careers in industry or to pursue advanced graduate studies. Upon graduation our students will be able to perform research in all branches of the computing field. We also provide a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development.
An additional section of Computer Science was introduced in the year 1999 with an intake of 40 students and currently the strength is 60. Total number of staff members for computer science is 5. Currently there are 149 students in the department. The department has an excellent laboratory with 60 high configuration machines. The Department of Computer Science has played a significant role in nurturing computer education in the region.
B.Sc Computer Science with an intake of 60 students.
- Mrs. R. Beena is pursuing Ph.d in the field of Software Engineering and has published many papers in International Journals and Conferences. She is currently guiding M.Phil Computer Science students both in Full time and Part time programme.
- Mrs. N. Kalaivani is pursuing M.Phil in the field of Software Engineering and attended many International Conferences and Seminars.
- Mrs. K. Rajeswari has completed her M.Phil degree and attended many International Conferences and Seminars.
- Many students have participated in NCC camps, NSS rallies.
- Students have voluntarily donated blood for the needy.
- Students have participated and won prizes in various inter college events.
- Students have presented papers in various seminars.
- Staff members involve themselves in research works.
- Staff and Students participate in paper presentations organized by other institutions.
- Staff and Students actively participate in seminars, workshops and symposiums.
- Students take up real time projects from top institutions.
- Students regularly visit IT companies to gain knowledge.
- Mrs. R. Beena is a member of CIA Examinations Committee and prize distribution Committee.
- Mrs. N. Kalaivani is a member of CIA Examinations Committee and prize distribution Committee.
- Mrs. R. Beena received meritorious award for publishing a paper in an international journal.
- Our faculty members have published papers in many international journals and presented papers in international conferences.
- Ms. Vijaya Deepa won 3rd prize in Moral and Ethics conducted for all first year students of our college.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- Systems analyst
- Software engineer
- Systems programmer
- Database analyst
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
- Network engineer/consultant
- Network administrator
- Computer scientist / researcher
- Computer science professor
- Animation/Special effects developer
- Multimedia developer
- Internet advertising designer
- Computer game designer/programmer
- IT recruitment consultant
- Systems integrator
- Continuation of the present teaching and research activities.
- Attempting to get project grants from various funding agencies like UGC etc.
- Signing of more MoU with industries.
- To revise the syllabus as per recent industry trends.
- To Organize State/National level paper presentation & project competition.
- To Organize various short term courses, workshops, seminars from experts.
- To improve placement ratio with the help of Alumni.
- Enhance Industry Institution Interaction.
- To promote the faculty members to send the proposals for minor and major research projects to various funding agencies.
- To organize various career oriented programmes like certificate courses, diploma courses to be made available in large numbers.
- To organize state level science exhibition.
Most of our students have got placed in many MNC Companies and in reputed companies with good package.
- Mr. Manoj Kumar is working for Indian Navy.
- Mr. Ganeshan is working for Indian Army.
- Mr. Ramesh Kumar is working for Indian Police.
- Mr. S. Bharat is working as a Draft Man in Survey Department, Salem.
- Mr. Adhersh is working as a Development Officer, LIC of India, Coonoor.
- Mr. Suresh is working as a mainframe test engineer in Wipro, Chennai.
- Mr. Shankar is working as a test engineer in Mahendra Satyam.
- Mr. Akash Antony is working as a Java Developer in Wipro, Chennai.
- Mr. Dinesh is working as a Java Developer in Wipro, Chennai.
- Ms. Rini Icent is working as a Junior Security Analyst in CTS, Coimbatore.
- Ms. Jesline Joseph is working as a Dot Net Developer in Wipro, Ernakulam.