ISCA ANNUAL REPORT 2011 - 2012
The following activities have been organised during the year 2011 - 2012 in collaboration with the Arts, Physical, and Biological Sciences of the Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore - 641029 :
Guest Lecture Series
- A special lecture on "Career opportunities in Biotechnology" was delivered by Dr. P. Ponmurugan, Professor & Head, Department of Biotechnology, KSR College of Technology, Coimbatore held on 27-07-2011.
- An overview of Tally and its Applications was organized by Maths CA department on 16th August 2011 by Mr. B. subramaniam, Center Director Institute of Computer Accountants, Coimbatore.
- A lecture on "Introduction to Nano Biology" was delivered by Dr. N. Dharmaraj, Associate Professor in Chemistry, Bharathiar University , Coimbatore – 46 held on 18-08-2011.
- A guest lecture on "Mutual Funds" was organized by Commerce department (UG). Dr. R. Saradhamani, Associate Professor, School of Management, SNS College of Engineering, held on 22.09.2011.
- A special lecture was delivered by Dr. Dhandapani, Head of the department of Chemistry on "Various aspects in chemistry research - day to day sinerio"held on 27.09.2011(Forenoon).
- A lecture on "Biotechnological approach in pest management" on 19.01.2012 was delivered by Dr. N. Geetha, Senior Scientist, Sugarcane Breeding Institute, Coimbatore.
- A special lecture on "Immune Evasion Mechanism by pathogen" held on 27.01.2012 was delivered by Dr. S.S. Raja, Assistant Professor & Head, Department of Microbiology, Bharathidasan University College, Perambalur.
The lectures were well delivered by the researchers and the science students.
The programme offered to all the students of Biotechnology, Zoology and Biochemistry, Kongunadu Arts and Science College on the topic "Science Trek – Demonstration of Instruments" on 6th July 2011.
- PG Department of Commerce & E-Commerce organized an International Workshop on "Ethics and Corporate social responsibility" on 7th September 2011 Dr. S. Nakkiran, Professor Ambo University, Ambo, Ethiopia delivered the keynote address.
Technical session – I by Dr. C. Chandrasekar, Advisor, AEGIS, Global Limited, on Ethics and CSR - Emerging Paradigm.
Technical session – II Dr. K. Ravichandran, Reader and Co-operation, Gandhigram Rural Institute on CSR in third sector
Technical session – III Dr. R. Karunagaran Assistant Professor, College of Business and Economica, Hawassa University.
Technical session – IV Dr. R. Ramesh, Assistant Professor, Department of Development studies, Bahirdar University, Ethiopia on development Ethics and Post Modernity.
- A programme for Inter Collegiate Chemistry students on "Green Chemistry" was held on 27.9.2011 (Afternoon) by Dr. Muthusubramaniam, Associate Professor & Head, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- For Computer Science students of Kongunadu Arts and Science College, One day workshop on "Oracle" was held on 18.10.2011 by Mr. Ravichandran, from Redleaf Technologies Private Limited. Practical demonstration was given.
- A special workshop was organized by the department of Business Management on 14th February 2012 "Leadership qualities of Managerial Excellance" by Mr. Pradeep Yuvarj, Director, Finerva Financial Solutions, Vice President, i-POINT Consulting service.
The students had detailed discussions with the Institute faculty and were thankful to the management of Kongunadu Arts and Science College.
- A seminar on "March across the hurdles in bio sciences" for school teachers held on 02.07.2011 by Dr. Vivekanandhan, Professor & Head, Kongunadu Arts and Science College.
- A seminar on "Life and Literature" held on 05.08.2011 by English(UG) dept. Professor S. Srinivasan, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- Under the head of Mrs. Sreeja, Indian Institute of Software Testing a State level seminar on "Recent Trends in Software Testing" was held on 15.09.2011 by Computer Science Department.
- A seminar on "Communication through Literature" conducted by English(PG) dept Dr. Poornavalli Mathiaparanam, Former Head, English department, PSGR Krishnammal, Coimbatore.
- Career advancements and recent trends in International Business organized by PG Department of Management. Mr. M. Settu, CEO, Sydicate Exports privated limited, and Director General, Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College. Mr. P.R. Pasupathi, Director, EXIM Academy, Coimbatore spoke on International market entry and strategy procedure.
- A seminar on "Biosafety Management and Good Laboratory practices" for Biotechnology students of Kongunadu Arts and Science College was held on 04.02.2012 by Biotechnology department.
- A National level seminar on "Recent Development in Spectroscopic Techniques and its applications" on 16.03.2012 by Dr.Sekar, Professor & Head, Department of Chemistry Ramakrishna Vidhyalaya, Dr. Rani, Karpagam University, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry.
The students were motivated for getting more knowledge about their curriculum and to develop their skills for their future endeavor in finding a job.
A state level technical Symposium was held on 12th August 2011 by the PG Department of Computer Technology Mr. P.S. Felix, Project Manager, CG-VAK Software and Export Limited, Coimbatore presented the technical session.
725 students participated the detailed technical session was useful to the participants and were thankful to the Management of Kongunadu Arts and Science College.