DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (UNAIDED)
- To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies.
- To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
- Integral Formation and Empowerment of students for social transformation through Information Technology.
- To provide outstanding education and training to our graduate students for their productive careers in industry, academia, and government.
- To impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction level of all stakeholders.
- To empower students with academic excellence, knowledge and training.
- To enable critical thinking among students towards development in IT with reference to social transformation.
- To apply new developments in Information Management and provide all possible support to promote research & development.
- To serve as a platform whereby the student enrich their personalities to assume greater responsibilities.
The department B.sc Information Technology is introduced in 2008 with Choice Based Credit System. At present our department is functioning with five well-qualified faculty members and 157 Students.
The department has been updating the syllabi at regular intervals to the current scenario. The department of IT provides chalk & talk method, OHP Presentation, Power Point Presentation and Audio Visual Communication. Our department provides well equipped computer lab with Liquid Crystal Display Method to the students.
The Department encourages the students to face the competitive world with great challenges. Our Department mainly focuses on enlightening the students by updating them with the knowledge of latest IT trends.
Through our Department Association "TECH INNOVATORS" we conduct Guest Lecture, Workshops, and Seminars/Conference.
Infrastructural facilities available:
- Three Class rooms - C49, C50 & C51
- Lab III – B.Sc Information Technology
- Staff room – Room No. C-53
B.Sc Information Technology
Our department staff members are actively involved in research activities.
- Mrs. S. Mythili, Associate Professor and HoD, is pursuing her Ph.D in Software Engineering and also guiding M.Phil research.
- Ms. D. Sheema, Assistant Professor, has completed M.Phil in the current academic year.