The following students are selected for the BEST LIBRARY USER AWARD (2016-2017) and they will be honoured in the college day celebrations 2016-2017
|Roll No: ||161BC025
|Class: ||I B.Sc., BIOCHEMISTRY|
|No.of Times Visited: ||213 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||103 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||113.11 hours|
|Name: ||CHIPPY JOSEPH|
|Class: ||II B.Sc., BOTANY|
|No.of Times Visited: ||578 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||277 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||479.38 hours|
|Roll No: ||141MA034
|Class: ||III B.Sc., MATHS|
|No.of Times Visited: ||807 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||446 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||693.49 hours|
|Roll No: ||162PH008
|Class: ||I M.Sc., PHYSICS|
|No.of Times Visited: ||130 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||73 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||78.10 hours|
|Roll No: ||152ZO020
|Class: ||II M.Sc., ZOOLOGY|
|No.of Times Visited: ||449 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||250 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||223.49 hours|
|Roll No: ||15PH304
|Class: ||M.Phil., PHYSICS|
|No.of Times Visited: ||183 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||134 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||115.16 hours|
|Roll No: ||15CH403
|Class: ||Ph.D., CHEMISTRY|
|No.of Times Visited: ||310 times|
|No.of Days Visited: ||259 days|
|No.of Hours Visited: ||234.41 hours|
The library orientation programme for the freshers conducted from 04.08.2016 to 01.09.2016 in the library and information centre.Half a day programme for each class.
Unannounced Test for motivating the Library users conducted from 28.03.2016 to 01.04.2016. Best Library Users Award (2016) awarded to the following users:
- Chippy Joseph 151B0002
- Ilakkiya 141MA034
- Vinothkumar 131CC040
- Preeja 152Z0020
- Adithan 142EL022
- Naveen Antony 14PH302
- Sangeeth Thekkan 146O404
- Conducting Library Orientation programme for I year students (UG& PG).
- Conducting Book Exhibitions periodically.
- Conducting Unannounced Test and distributing the prizes (I, II, III) to the winners in each class, to motivate the students to know and make use of the available resources in the Library & Information Centre.
- Conducting Quiz on Library and awarding prizes to the winners.
- Receiving rare books as donation from various people.
- Involving the activity of Library service promotion is made aware through circulars, posters, intercom etc., periodically.
- Supplying Bar-coded Identity Card (Digital photographing, typing, printing, bar-coding, laminating) for all the students, scholars, non-teaching staff and teaching staff).
- Bar-coded user entry system.
- Fully computerized and Bar-coded library housekeeping operations.
- Formation of Digital Library.
- Digital photograph for all of the users.
- Providing the important information like current news, GK, Dollar, Euro, Sterling pound current rates, humidity and temperature information providing, the scrolling facility of New arrivals & flash news in the computer, collecting & preserving the college & library news appearing in the leading dailies, collecting, preserving and disseminating the different field news, online dictionary, encyclopedia & digital clippings etc.,
- Effective utilization of Digital content through Mini Theatre formation in the Library & Information Centre premises.
- Automated Report Generations like