DEPARTMENT OF MASTER OF COMMERCE (UNAIDED), COMMERCE WITH PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING
Enriching the potentials and capabilities of students to be highly committed and competitive.
Imparting knowledge on the values of commerce through well designed curriculum and extending best student support services towards quality education by emphasizing the ethical values and discipline to the student community and society at a large.
PG Department of Commerce was established in the year 2004-05 with the sanctioned strength of 36. The course is a two years M.Com programme with specialization in Taxation, Accounting, Financial Management and International Trade. It also offers M.Phil and Ph.D as Part – time Research Programmes. Ph.D part time programme was started in the year 2007 - 2008. Ph.D Full-time was started 2018.
B.Com PA was established in the year 2015 – 16 with sanctioned strength of 50. Due to demand, an additional section was introduced in the academic year 2016 – 17 sanctioned strength of 60 students. At present, total strength constitute to 120.
Apart from the regular programmes, this Department also shows keen interest in offering Job Oriented Courses, Career Oriented Programmes, Advanced Learner Courses and Diploma Courses on various areas in Commerce to cater the needs of aspiring students.
- M.Phil Awarded: 2015 – 16 : 9, 2016 – 17 : 10 and 2017 – 18 : 6 ; Pursuing : 10 (Admitted on November 2017)
Ph.D Awarded: 05 (1 No. – 2015-16 and 4 Nos.: 2017 – 18) and Pursuing: 04
- UGC Minor Research project was undertaken and completed
- Paper publication in the conference proceedings at international and national level
- Paper publication in the international and national level journals
- Conduct of International Workshops and National and State level seminars and workshops
- Seminars and conferences organized
- SET/NET cleared by Faculty Members
- Students cleared in CMA Foundation and CA (CPT) and CMA Inter – Group I
- There were 60 students in B.Com (PA) – Main and Additional Section (total constitute to 120) admitted in the year 2018 - 2019 after the increase in take.
- At Present (2017 – 18), there are 7 Part time Ph.D scholars and 10 M.Phil scholar has been pursuing the research in the department.
- 1 International Conference was organized in the year 2016 - 17.
- 2 National level workshops and 1 National seminar was organized from the year 2013 – 2014 to 2017 – 18, 3 State level Seminars was organised
- 3 UGC – CPE Sponsored Public Awareness Programme was organized in the year 2015 – 16.
- Coaching Class for CMA Foundation and CA (CPT)
- Class room training programmes and guest lectures.
Approximately 20% of the students are placed and remaining students pursue their Post graduate degrees.
To update the curriculum and syllabi as per the industrial requirements