The College has envisaged an elaborate and vibrant research policy, which will imbibe a strong research culture and will integrate it with academics at both student and faculty levels.
The salient features of the policy are given below:
- The staff members should apply to various funding agencies of both government and non-government sectors like UGC, DST, MOEN, DBT, CSIR, TNSCST etc., for financial support.
- Staff members and scholars shall be motivated to publish their articles in SCI and SSCI quality journals. Incentives will be given for publications and travel grant will also be provided to present their papers in both national and international conferences.
- Seminars / Conferences/ Workshops will be conducted by inviting eminent scientists and experts from abroad and within the country.
- Periodic research meetings for scholars will be conducted to discuss the recent development in the respective discipline to update knowledge.
- The Management believes in the concept of lab to land and shall encourage the researchers to practice this.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) cell has been constituted to promote and enhance the research innovations and intellectual assets.
A hub of research excellence strives to share their theoretical knowledge and practical experience and apply them to real world challenges with other institutions and industry experts through consultancy in the ratio of 60:40 (60% for institution and 40% for individuals).
Code of Ethics shall be formulated to check Malpractices and Plagiarism in Research
The institution is committed to produce and promote research of the highest quality, devoid of plagiarism of any sort and other unethical practices while trying to allow academic freedom and innovative thinking. The Publication Ethics Committee (PEC) is constituted to monitor the originality of the data.
The Committee Comprises
- Dean, Research and Development
- Co-Ordinator, IQAC
- HoD of Respective Departments
The permission of the Governing Body is requested to purchase software ‘URKUND’ and install it in the Library and Information centre to check plagiarism. The Governing Body members unanimously gave their approval to purchase the software and after purchasing it, the fact may be included in the Self Study Report to be sent to NAAC.
Memorandum of Understanding
- Any tie-up / MoU signed should have the prior concurrence and approval of the management. Collaborations with various International and National Institutes / Universities shall be proactively followed for the purpose of research and outreach activities
- Faculty members from different departments, collaborating with various National and International level research groups located at different parts of the country will be given assistance and required facilities will be provided to them.
Linkages shall be established between research strategies and activities at institutional and programme level to enhance the student learning experience and research activities at National and International level to generate new knowledge and apply for innovation and value creation