PROF Dr. RAMAMURTHI RALLAPALLI
Visiting Scientist, Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Coimbatore
Former Vice-Chancellor, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
Former General President of Indian Science Congress 2007-2008
Professor Dr. Ramamurthi Rallapalli is a Bio-Environmental and Biomedical Scientist of International reputation. With his great expertise and calibre, he currently serves as an INSA Honorary Scientist at S.V. University, Tirupati. His merit has been recognized in the form of honours and rewards such as
- Best Teacher's Award of Andhra Pradesh Government in 1991.
- K.N. Bahl gold medal for outstanding contributions of life sciences in 1995.
- Golden Jubilee medal of Zoological society on India for contributions to the field of Environmental Sciences, Presented by Governor of Bihar in 1997.
- Dayanand Siksha Sansthan citation plaque for outstanding contribution to teaching profession and Research in 1999 and Millennium award of Zoroastrian College, Mumbai in 2000.
- Distinguished IFAS Scholar of University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences in 2002 and Life time Alumni Achievement Award of S.V. University presented by Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- R.C. Merhotra Lifetime Achievement Award of ISCA presented by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India on January 03, 2010
- Sri Asutosh Mukherjee Gold medal presented by Hon'ble Prime Minister of India on January 2011
In his distinguished career he has been conferred with fellowships and honorary assignments such as
- Indian National Science Academy (FNA)
- National Academy of Science, India (FNASc)
- AP Academy of Sciences (A.P.A.SC)
- Indian Society for Communicable Diseases (FISCD)
- President of Indian Society of Life Sciences
- Member of Governing Body of Academy of Gandhian Studies.
- Served as Chairman / Member of NAAC Inspection Commissions to Colleges / Universities.
39 Ph.D candidates have been awarded the degrees under his exceptional supervision. He has to his credits 296 research papers. He has authored and edited 8 books.