The Indian higher education system is on the brink of greattransformations to cope with global competence. Our Indian system is one of the third largest higher educational systems in the world. The prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities which are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in institutions and colleges. It can promote and determine quality related activities and issues through various programmes and activities.
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college.
Developing the total personality of every student in a holistic way by adhering to the principles of Swami Vivekananda and Mahatma Gandhi.
- Imparting holistic and man-making education with emphasis on character, culture and value - moral and ethical.
- Designing the curriculum and offering courses that transform its students into value added skilled human resources.
- Constantly updating academic and management practices towards total quality management and promotion of quality in all spheres.
- Extending the best student support services by making them comprehensive and by evolving a curriculum relevant to student community and society at large.
- Taking steps to make education affordable and accessible by extending scholarships to the meritorious and economically disadvantaged students.
- Moulding the teachers in such a way that they become the role models in promoting Higher Education.
- Maintaining high academic standards.
- Educating students from rural, agricultural community by giving preference.
- Empowering women through education.
- Keeping pace with the knowledge era and gearing up in all activities to match the demands of the scientific and technological world.
- Enhancing mindset towards research and creation of new Knowledge.
- Making every student of the college skilled and employable.
- Maintaining high academic standards.
- The origin and history of the College has been closely linked with the aspirations of the farming community by serving them effectively and by imparting scientific education to their wards.
- Making education as a powerful medium and a tool to promote the social and economic development to backward and disadvantaged communities.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and Integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles. Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality. Development of Quality Culture in the Institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs. Build an organized methodology of documentation and Internal communication.