Dr. V.L. Aravindan MBBS., FRCS
True to the adage ‘Like Father, Like Son’, Dr.V.L. Aravindan holds the same compassionate spirit his father had for this Institution. He is whole heartedly committed to the vision of his late father in providing service in education, responsive and transparent management of the college and more so to help in creating valuable citizens of our society. He always fondly remembers the conversations between his father and Dr. Aruchami, the Present President, during the conceptual days of this esteemed institution. He is proud to have stood by his father and closely watched this institution grow under the excellent stewardship of Dr. Aruchami and the dedication of council members.
His education at our college as a Pre University student helped him to secure his undergraduate medical education in the Coimbatore Medical College in 1979. He continued his Post Graduate education in the U.K after working in Madurai Medical College hospital as a post graduate trainee for a year. He works as an orthopaedic surgeon in the National Health Service in U.K and he is actively pursuing his passion in education by selecting, educating and supporting young medical students and doctors. He has extensive managerial and leadership experience gained thorough his various positions in the National Health Service.
His current positions include
- Tutor Lead for Speciality Doctors, Health Education West Midlands, U.K
- Clinical Tutor, George Eliot Hospital U.K
- Member of National Association of Clinical Tutors U.K
- Undergraduate Medical Examiner, Warwick Medical School, Warwick University, U.K
- Assessor, Medical Student Admissions, Warwick University, U.K
- Member of British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of British Orthopaedic Specialists Association
- Member of British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Representative of British Medical Association.
- Chairman of Speciality Doctors Committee, George Eliot Hospital, U.K
- Member of Local Negotiating Committee, Joint Negotiations Committee and Medical Advisory Committee, George Eliot Hospital, U.K
- Founder member of TKKERS – Modern On-site Health Facility for the Staff – George Eliot Hospital, U.K
Dr. P. Sivakumar MBBS., DLO.,
Dr. P. Sivakumar, son of (Late) Dr. N.S. Palaniappan runs a Nursing home at Dr. Nanjappa Road, Coimbatore. He had his school education at Stanes Higher Secondary School from 1960 to 1970. After getting Pre-University degree he joined MBBS in Coimbatore Medical College from 1973 to 1981, DLO in Madurai Medical College from 1983 to 1984. From 1984 onwards he entered the Private Practice.
His wife Mrs. Kirthika Sivakumar administrates the hospital. His son Mr. Sudhev Sivakumar has taken up business and his daughter Dr. Prathula Karthik MS works in PSG Hospital, Coimbatore.