In order to introduce a focused research culture and strengthen all research activities, the Management has appointed a Dean for Research and Development. The Dean is assisted by a Research Committee in identifying thrust areas and in formulating research projects. The Research Committee undertakes a periodic review of the progress of various Research projects while encouraging others to prepare and submit proposals for projects in emerging thrust areas of Research that have a practical application useful to society.
The College has a well-deserved reputation of excellence in Post Graduate Teaching and Research for more than 2 decades. It has evolved into a successful center for offering 13 M.Phil and 13 Ph.D Programmes in different disciplines.
Large number of M.Phil and Ph.D scholars completing the programmes shows the strength of the Research Departments and the rich experience of the Research guides enabled by state of the art laboratory facilities.
To encourage research, management has come forward to give funds for PG students under Students Project Scheme. Apart from regular activities, Research Scholars Forum meets once in every fortnight to discuss the recent trends in their respective fields.
Department of Biotechnology is offering Microbial culture bank through which it is able to supply 3 fungal cultures and 21 bacterial cultures to those who are in need for Experimental / Research study purpose as an extension service to the society at large.
The activities of the various Research Departments have been encouraged through Dr. M. Aruchami Research Foundation.
The college has envisaged an elaborate and vibrant research policy, which will imbibe a strong research culture and will integrate it with academics at both student and faculty levels.
The salient features of the policy are given below:
- The staff members are encouraged to submit proposals for funding agencies of both government and non-government sectors like UGC, DST, MoEF, DBT, CSIR, TNSCST etc.
- Staff members and scholars shall be motivated to publish their articles in SCI and SCIE quality journals. Incentives will be given for publications and travel grant will also be provided to present their papers in both national and international conferences.
- Seminars / Conferences/ Workshops will be conducted by inviting eminent scientists and experts from abroad and within the country.
- Periodic research meetings for scholars will be conducted to discuss the recent development in the respective discipline to update knowledge.
- The Management believes in the concept of lab to land and shall encourage the researchers to practice this.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) cell has been constituted to promote and enhance the research innovations and intellectual assets.
Code of Ethics shall be formulated to check Malpractices and Plagiarism in Research:
The institution is committed to produce and promote research of the highest quality, devoid of plagiarism of any sort and other unethical practices while trying to allow academic freedom and innovative thinking. A Publication Ethics Committee(PEC) has been constituted to find out the level of plagiarism.
The Committee Comprises
- Dean, Research and Development
- Co-Ordinator, IQAC
- HoD of Respective Departments
- Research guides
Based on the recommendations of Plagiarism Curb Committee, the PEC will authenticate the genuiness of the data.
After getting offered from college Governing Body ‘URKUND’ software has been purchased and installed it in the Library and Information Centre to check plagiarism.
Consultancy services are offered through the expertise gained by the faculty members. The revenue generated through this programme is shared in the ratio of 60:40 for institution and concerned staff members respectively.
Memorandum of Understanding:
Any tie-up / MoU signed should have the prior concurrence and approval of the management. Collaborations with various International and National Institutes / Universities shall be proactively followed for the purpose of research and outreach activities.
Faculty members from different departments, collaborating with various National and International level research groups located at different parts of the country will be given assistance and other required facilities.
Linkages shall be established between research strategies and activities at institutional and programme level to enhance knowledge sharing and to promote the research activities at National and International level to generate and to score novel ideas and apply for innovation and value creation