THIRU. ARJUN CHARLES PARAMASIVAN
Coordinator - International Charity
Kongunadu Arts and Science College
Thiru. Arjun Charles Paramasivan, Coordinator - International Charity, United Kingdom graduated as a Practitioner of Medicine from the prestigious University of Leeds, UK. In addition, he is also involved in research in the field of Biotechnology.
He has worked in association with the National Social Service Units of Kongunadu Arts and Science College for the past 7 years and has rendered valuable service to the society. He has established links with various educational institutions and brought across teams of international students to help in the NSS projects during the past 6 years. Thiru. Arjun Paramasivan has proved to be a complete compassionate community spirited young man through his constant charitable works and support.
In the year 2010-11, he organised international charity events at the University of Leeds and collected donations upto a total sum of Rs. 1,20,450, of which Rs. 54,750 was donated to Kongunadu Arts and Science College, Rs.10,950 was donated to Neyam Special School for Disabled Children and a sum of Rs.54,750 was donated by him to The Divine Onkar Mission in Jharkand and Orissa, India.
He has been actively involved in the Blood Donation Camps, Medical Camps and Eye Camps at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
His current positions include
- Former President of the Leeds Tamil Association, University of Leeds.
- Former Treasurer of the Cutting Edge Leeds Surgical Society, University of Leeds.
- International electives coordinator in the Medic to Medic Sri Lankan Society for medical students in the UK.
- NPLQ Lifeguard qualified and active member of the Royal Life Saving Society.
- Qualified Member of the St. John's Ambulance team in the UK.
- Member of the Medical Protection Society.
- Voluntary worker for young disabled children.
- Voluntary worker in the field of elderly care.