- Our vision is to enable the students to emerge as responsible citizen
- Creative and successful Entrepreneurs with focus in Academic Calibri and sound knowledge of necessary skills
- Our mission is to disseminate the knowledge of fashion through updation in curriculum on par with industrial needs and community needs.
- Equip the students with skills and potentialities which makes them confident to become leaders in fashion
- The Costume Design and Fashion department started in the year 2006 within a span of 13 years has grown in its academic structure, offering various courses like diploma and certificate serves as a platform to produce professionals equipped with necessary skill and knowledge in fashion design.
- The Department of Costume Design and Fashion contributed to the related industries significantly by making available suitable trained degree holders year after year.
- Salient Features
- Fashion Designing is one of the most popular design specialization amongst the students who wishes to nurture their creative in designing elegant apparels. This course facilitates an understanding of fashion designing techniques and orients the learners in the field of costume design. The learners are expected to know the different types of textile fabrics, finishes, dyeing and printing and its application inFashion designing.
- The department also offers three One year Diploma courses for other department students, Job oriented courses for our department and other department students,Three years B.Voc in Entrepreneureship and Garment Designing with multiple entry and exit facilities.
The salient features included :
- Updated curriculum on par with environment and industrial needs.
- Committed team of faculties.
- Well equipped laboratories with high-tech machinery.
- MOU signed with leading companies and institutes.
- ITC application for teaching.
- Organizes program fashion show, workshops, guest lectures by Industrial Experts, Industrial visit, internships to textile mills and fashion houses preparing the students to be confident and competitive.
- Many of our alumns become as Entrepreneure, working as Visual Merchandisizers, Quality Inspectors, Costume and Jewellery designers in reputed industries.
- Thrust Areas
The thrust areas of the department included:
- Pattern making and Garment Construction
- Textile Dyeing and Printing
- Technical Textiles
- Fashion Designing
- Surface Embroidery
- Fabric Manufacturing Techniques
- Computer Aided Design
- Textile Testing and Allied Subjects
- The Department starts with three yaer degree course as B.Sc., Costume Design and Fashion.
- Also offers three one year Diploma courses in Fashion Desgning, Garment Construction and Garment Mechandizing
- Job Oriented Courses
- Basics of Cosmetology
- Fabric Tie Dyeing
- Hand Printing
- Jewellery Making
- Pattern Drafting
- Natural Dyeing
- Fashion Trims
- Handmade Paper Making
B.VOC in Entrepreneurship and Garment Designing -3 years multiple entry multiple exit.
‘Classy Missy’ a designer unit run by the department. The students take up Job orders, earn while they learn.
- Roll of Honour
Faculty Name Designation Period of Service Dr.P.Sasikala Associate Professor & Head Period of Service: 2020- Till date M.Amsaveni Assistant Professor Period of Service: 2015- Till date M.Sindhu Assistant Professor Period of Service: 2016- Till date R.Yamini Assistant Professor Period of Service: 2021- Till date P.V.Asmitha Assistant Professor Period of Service: 2021- Till date Dr. S. Divya Assistant Professor Period of Service : 2022 - Till date