The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications envisions excelling in the field of higher education and catering to the scholastic and developmental needs of the individual, through continuous creation of critical knowledge base for the society's sustained and inclusive growth. To mould competent and well-developed persons who can take up the challenges of the future on behalf of the community, the society, the nation and the world.
To create educated individuals qualified in specialized knowledge in the field of Commerce with Computer Application. We provide all round development and training to generations of men and women who are competent to carry out various functions of nation-building, to equip them with value-based education and training, to empower them with positive qualities and qualifications, to promote research activities and social outreach activities, to provide leadership to persons for community-empowerment and to ensure excellence in education and related activities for a better nation and world.
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications had its inception in the academic year 2001-2002. The Department prepare students, with sound commerce background knowledge along with the skills in the operation of computers, to carry out all the computerized work in different areas of trading and manufacturing organizations, to make their career choices and to make them responsible citizens. The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications (Additional Section) was established in the Academic Year 2007-08.This Department was exclusively established for maintaining the effective quality of education in this currently viable course of B.Com with Computer Applications. Since the present scenario is concerned with imbibing the advanced Computer Applications in the field of Commerce, the Department shows keen interest by inculcating the commerce based computer knowledge and thereby taking its students to achieve the vision.
- Salient Features
- The curriculum is framed in such a way to meet the needs of finance, industry, bank, insurance and other related fields to carry out all the computerized work in different areas of trading and manufacturing organizations and to make them responsible citizens.
- The Department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members who have M.Phil with PGDCA and Doctorates. The Department possesses a separate library which contains 250 books at the UG level.
- We motivate the students to pursue professional courses; coaching classes for ACS, CA and ICWA are conducted by the respective Institutes.
- Faculty is motivated to publish research articles in national and international journals with high impact factor.
- The Department has the credit of organizing a number of guest lectures, workshops, conferences and Seminars at State/National/ International levels with the participation of our college students and also from various colleges.
- Initiated internship with sty fund to the students while pursuing their degree courses.
- The Department offers Online Job oriented courses under an MOU with Global Vision for the students.
- Thrust Areas
The Faculty members of the department carry out research in various areas of marketing, Finance, Human Resource ., etc..,
- Finance including international finance.
- Accounting including Management Accounting.
- Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Industrial relation
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Computer Application in Business
- Banking and Insurance Sector
- Supply Chain and Retail Management
- Knowledge Management
- In the academic year of 2007-2008 Additional Section were established.
- For practical exposure students visit Benchmark Tea factory 2019
RBI Monetary Museum - 18th Feb 2020 – 22nd Feb 2022
NSE Visit – 18th Feb 2020 – 22nd Feb 2022
SEBI Visit – 18th Feb 2020 – 22nd Feb 2022
- List of MoU
Spectrum Skills yard 2020
Annamalai capital Service 2020
Global society of Health, Safety, Environment 2020
Potout solution - 2021
The institute of Advanced computing - 2021
Jeyam Educational Trust – 2021
- JOC “Computer Application in Business” was introduced on 2020 and Advance Excel and Tally was introduced on 2021.
- Roll of Honour