CPE : (Rs. 6, 34, 000/-)
- Our Department was received the amount CPE (NR) (2012) Rs. 6, 34, 000/- under College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) scheme (UGC) to strengthen the instrumental facilities for achieving excellence in teaching, research and outreach programmes.
Star College Scheme : (Rs. 9,00,000/-)
- Our Department was recognized under Star College Scheme during 2012-2015 and provided support for the development of infrastructure facilities for academics and laboratory activities. This scheme helped our students to improve their critical thinking and practical skills through the conduct of hands on training programmes, field visits and group projects.
- Obtained University ranks continuously from the year of inception.
- Many students have qualified in GATE, NET and SLET examinations.
- 50% of students have completed their PhD degree
- 25% of students are doing their PDF
- Best Department Award for the year 2007-2008.
1.King’s Diagnostic Services, Coimbatore
2. Microbiological Laboratory, Coimbatore
3. Mahasarakham University, Thailand
4. Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding. Coimbatore.
5. Hace Bein Biosciences, Coimbatore
6. ABBES Biotech, Chennai
- Minor and Major projects scheme from UGC, DST-SERB, DST-SEED, DBT and ICMR
- PG and research students have placed in various research institutes like UPASI, CFTRI etc.
- 62 M.Phil and 65 Ph.Ds have been awarded so far.
- Best PG Department Award for the year 2007-2008
The Department of Biochemistry (UA) and NSS of Kongunadu Arts and Science College (Autonomous) (KASC), Coimbatore - 641029 organized an awareness programme collobreating with Hyderabad Hair Donations for Cancer Patients (HHDCP) on the importance and relevance of hair donation to the cancer patients on 07/12/2021. The guest of the programme was Mr. Shivakumar Yadav, Founder of HHDCP, Telungana. He emphasized the need of hair donations and clearly explained the importance of the noble gesture. Nearly, 600 female students, general public and school children participated in the awareness programme. Total of 50 girl students donated around 12 inches of their hair for the nobel cause. The secretary appreciated the children. This programme organized at KASC is the first programme in the state of Tamilnadu organized by HHDCP.
- MoU signed with Microbiological Laboratory, IFGTB, Ministry of Environment and Forest, Coimbatore to promote research activities and placement