To inculcate Human, Moral and ethical values in the young minds of the students and thereby improving the total personality of the students.
To produce employable graduates to cater the needs of various industries.
An additional section of Computer Science was introduced in the year 1999 with an intake of 40 students and currently the strength is 60. Total number of staff members for Computer Science is 11. Currently there are 149 students in the department. The department has an excellent laboratory with 60 high configuration machines. The Department of Computer Science has played a significant role in nurturing computer education in the region.
Over the years, the department was started during the academic year 2012-2013 with an intake of 45 students in MSc.Computer Science course
- Salient Features
- A Well-equipped lab with high speed internet facility and un-interrupted Power Supply.
- A good library consisting of books in various streams, journals, magazines, e-tutorials as CDs, Question Booklets and various project reports for student’s reference.
- Students are encouraged to attend Industrial Visits to update their Industrial Knowledge.
- Faculty members are encouraged to attend various Faculty Development programme, Conferences and Workshops to enrich their knowledge.
- PTA of the department is well functioning for filling the gap between parents and teachers.
- Alumni Association of the department is functioning well and maintaining contact with all the students.
- Choice Based Credit System is adopted in the department for the students to take their own subjects to study in the department on their choice.
- Tutor-Ward System is functioning in the Department to take individual care of the students.
- Special coaching is conducted in the department for both Slow and fast Learners.
- Bridge Course is conducted for non-computer science in the beginning of the course
- Conducting Common Assessment Test for the first year students.
- Guided library hour is provided to improve the skills of the students.
- Thrust Areas
The Faculty members of the department carry out research in many thurst areas which includes Data Mining, Computer Networrking, Software Engineering, Artificial Inteligence, etc
Department had reaached the level of starcollege status.
- Job Opportunities
Job scope in IT sector is very wide right from computer hardware and networking to software’s.
- Systems analyst
- Software engineer
- Systems programmer
- Database analyst
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
- Network engineer/consultant
- Network administrator
- Computer scientist / researcher
- Computer science professor
- Animation/Special effects developer
- Web developer
- Multimedia developer
- Internet advertising designer
- Computer game designer/programmer
- IT recruitment consultant
- Systems integrator
- Roll of Honour