- Does Indian Patent give protection worldwide?
When the individual researcher or a team of researchers is the Creator and has used substantial institutional resources, the Revenue shall be shared amongst the individual researcher/team of researchers and the Institution 60% and 40% respectively
- IP shall be owned by the institute if created as a result of institutional research or created by substantial use of institutional facilities or resources.
- The Creator at his option may retain ownership when the IP developed without using institutional resources.
- The institutional faculty and students may publish their research outputs provided that are not copyrightable/patentable intellectual property.
Intellectual Property Rights can be from
Intellectual Property Rights shall include Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets and other species such as computer software or printed material, any new and useful process, machine, composition of matter, life form, article of manufacture, software, copyrighted work, such things as new or improved devices, circuits, chemical compounds, drugs, genetically engineered biological organisms, data sets, software, musical processes, or unique and innovative uses of existing inventions.
Institution provides for patents as follows
- To create an awareness about IPR among faculties and students.
- To impart training on future endeavors in patent filing processes.
- To conduct workshops, seminars and training courses on IPR.
- To create an opportunity for Product development and Commercialization
The booming research and innovative teaching necessitates proactively exploring and bringing it to light the treasure of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in our institution. In this direction, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (CIPR) was established in our institution on 01.06.2017. It was established to create awareness and offer assistance to academicians, researchers, entrepreneurs and innovators to identify, protect and manage novel ventures effectively through CIPR.
Kongunadu Arts and Science College, apart from teaching and extension activities is doing outstanding and innovative research in several fields of basic and applied science. The college recognizes its responsibility to propagate and disseminate knowledge. Hence, there is a need to encourage creativity and scholarly works and to develop new and useful materials, devices and other intellectual property.