- IP shall be owned by the institute if created as a result of institutional research or created by substantial use of institutional facilities or resources.
- The Creator at his option may retain ownership when the IP developed without using institutional resources.
- The institutional faculty and students may publish their research outputs provided that are not copyrightable/patentable intellectual property.
Intellectual Property Rights can be from
- Assignments undertaken by the institute from external agencies or self made projects.
- Individual or a team of researchers.
The Institute Shall
- Educate faculty members, staff and others regarding institutional intellectual property.
- Provide legal support.
- Report applicable laws and regulations in a timely manner.
The Creator Shall
- Disclose the invention in a thorough manner.
- Provide assistance throughout the period of Intellectual Property Rights procedures
The IPC shall consist of
- IPR Director appointed by the Secretary, who shall be the head of CIPR.
- One Intellectual Property Attorney from patent office Chennai suggested by the institution.
- Technical supporting staff from private agency.
- The Dean, Faculty of research.
- Upto three other Professors (relevant field) nominated by the Secretary.
- The meeting of the IPC shall be convened by the IPC head from time to time.
- The institution shall provide adequate support and secretarial staff.