- The dedicated teaching and motivation of faculty members enabled both UG and PG students to adhere in various fields all over the world.
- The department has been recoganized by sanctioning fund from Central and State Governments.
- The department was also supported under the DST-FIST programme for creating major facilities in PG and Research Laboratories.
- Faculty members received Major and Minor research projects from funding agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, TANSA with worth Rs. 95 Lakhs.
- More than 400 research papers were published in International journals by the department. More than 6000 citations are received through published articles. Department produced more than 31 PhD’s & 100 M.Phil’s.
- Major / Minor Projects
Book Publications / Award
- Awards Received by the faculty members
- Best paper Award in the National Seminar on Advances in Materials Science (NSAMS – 2009), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tiru1nelveli, 16th – 17th March 2009.
- Best paper Award in the National Conference on Materials Science (MATS– 2009), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, 9th – 10th October 2009.
- Best paper Award in the National Seminar on Advanced Materials: Processing and Applications (NSAMPA) held at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore during 29.3.2012 - 30.3.2012.
- The NEAR National Research Award-2014 (Senior category - Physical and Nanosciences), The NEAR Foundation India for the outstanding research contribution.
- Dr. Radhakrishna Shikshana Ratna National Award-2014 for distinguished contributions to the development of the nation and achieving outstanding excellence in the field of Teaching, Research and Publications by the International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms, Bangalore, India.
- Dr.Abdul Kalam life time achievement National Award -2017 by IRDP, India for the outstanding excellence and remarkable achievements in the field of teaching, research & publications.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Scientific Excellence – 2017 by Marina Labs, Research and Development, India for the outstanding research contribution.
- TNSCST - Tamilnadu Scientist award for the year 2015.
- Books Published
‘Practical Physics’ was published by Dr.R.Sathyamoorthy in 2010, Apsara Publication,Tamilnadu. ‘Surface Analysis’was published by Dr.B.Chandar Shekar in2016, Sara Book Publication,Tamilnadu.
- Student Achievements
- Our students (both UG & PG) got University ranks continuously when the college is affiliated to Bharathiar University.
- Participated in various summer schools organized by IIT's and National institutes.
- Received overall trophy for cultural and academic events from various institutions.
- Received best paper awards in National and International Conferences.
- Some of our students are pursuing collaborative research abroad through prestigious Visiting
- Many of our students are placed in various Universities, Engineering and Arts & Science
Colleges as faculty members.
- Many of our students are placed in software companies through the placement cell of our College. Majority of the students are pursuing higher studies.